As a Business Director, you’ll be responsible for the strategic direction, growth and development of a portfolio of large strategic accounts, leading new business opportunities when required, as well as driving forward new initiatives that will enhance the agency proposition.
Full Job Description
Business Director - Bath OR London
Bench are proudly working with Edit one of the UK’s most innovative and well-known Data Science, Technology, CRM and Media agency company. We are on a mission to support their search for a talented, proactive and energetic Business Director, to work in their offices located in Bath.
Who we are
We are an ambitious and forward-thinking agency of marketing specialists who bring the collaborative specialisms of media, creative, planning, technology, insight and data together to deliver connected acquisition and retention strategies. With Edit, you will have all the experts you need to deliver creative engagement solutions that drive revenue and long-term loyalty.
We are over 200 industrious, inquisitive individuals based across offices in Bath, Leeds and London. Our culture is informal and sociable, but with a strong work ethic and passion for what we do. Our ever-growing client list includes brands such as Jaguar Land Rover, Shell, Zizzi, ASK, Tesco Bank, RAC and Guide Dogs.
The role of the Client Services team
In a nutshell, the role of the Client Services team at Edit is to lead, motivate, inspire and build agency teams that exceed client expectations and drive agency growth and profile.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop strong client partnerships, ensuring we understand the client’s business and sector as well as they do, in order to exceed client expectations and deliver outstanding work.
- Demonstrate high levels of commercial focus in order to optimise levels of profit, as well as drive commercial success for our clients and add true value to their business.
- Identify and drive forward development opportunities that allow us to grow in terms of profile and revenue, as well as enable us to deliver ground breaking work for our clients.
Business Director role summary
As a Business Director, you’ll be responsible for the strategic direction, growth and development of a portfolio of large strategic accounts, leading new business opportunities when required, as well as driving forward new initiatives that will enhance the agency proposition. Your key role is to ensure your client portfolio is developed in terms of client satisfaction, service offering and value added to the client’s business, in order to meet or exceed financial targets. A passion for developing and delivering innovative and best in class work for clients is an absolute must.
The Client Services team have five core areas of responsibility - client strategy, leadership, ideas, ways of working and commercial success.
Understand the client’s business, sector and commercial model as well as they do in order to:
- Develop deep and trusted senior management and board level client relationships and be seen as a trusted partner and strategic partner
- Drive the strategic direction of your client portfolio in order to deliver results and value
- Identify and realise opportunities that will add value to our clients’ business and drive agency growth and revenue
- Build knowledge around the capabilities of the businesses within the Kin + Carta connective and be able to identify and open the door for conversations around group cross sell
- Lead, motive and inspire the agencies team and clients in order to deliver outstanding work that adds value to both our clients and the agency
- Ensure robust and consistent line management, performance management, mentoring and coaching is in place for direct reports
- Ensure best practise client servicing is evident across all direct reports
- Lead and facilitate the creation and application of great strategic insight to develop and champion great ideas that add value to our clients’ business
- Drive forward initiatives and ideas that will enhance the agency proposition
Ways for working
- Lead and direct a regular review of ways of working across your client portfolio to ensure efficiencies, profitability and client satisfaction are maximised
- Develop an environment for effective and collaborative ways of working across all agency teams for client portfolio
- Meet or exceed financial targets for your client portfolio.
- Accurately forecast revenue and profit and effectively manage risks and opportunities.
- Proactively review levels of profitability and develop action plans to improve.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Strategic client services experience, within a fast-paced communications agency
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to agree and track realistic goals for yourself and the team
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative approach that enables client and agency partners to work together as one team
- High level of commercial awareness
- Authority and credibility with team, peers, agency and clients
- Resilience, tenacity and self-motivated
- Drive, energy and commitment