Help us make Marketing That Matters as a junior marketing designer at Edit
Full Job Description
purpose of the role:
Edit exists to make marketing that matters.
In a sector where agencies are judged on their creativity, strategic thinking and ability to deliver quick results and accuracy under pressure, it’s vital our marketing output represents us at our absolute best – and makes us stand out in potential clients mind before they’ve even met us.
We’re looking for a Junior Marketing Designer who can help us create outstanding impact with all our marketing initiatives - and make our competitors jealous.
You will play a key role in the creation and delivery of multi-channel campaigns - including email, print, media and brand projects.
The role requires an eye for detail balanced with a creative flair and proactive, questioning approach.
An eye for detail ensures everything is pixel-perfect, error-free and print-ready to the highest standards (we will expect you to take pride in every delivery that you make, no matter how big or small). Your creative flair will help us uncover new ideas and approaches to communicate our ideas with more impact.
It's essential that you approach your work with a positive attitude; delivering work under pressure, to a deadline, as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
This role is not client-facing but supports the agency in their own marketing. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Designing content for our digital channels including events, white papers, websites, social media, marketing literature, internal comms and e-newsletters.
- Responsible for designing print-ready artwork
- Producing targeted marketing for New Business purposes, including pitch and proposal decks where necessary
- Assisting with the creation of the branding literature for the conference SearchLeeds.
- Regular updates with Creative team to share resources, ideas and best practice
- Contribute to marketing delivery within specified timeframes and budgets
- Effectively contribute and be a pro-active team member on high-profile work streams
- Support the continuous improvement of our marketing output – make us up our game!
- Contribute to pitch concepts to internal and external audiences
- A graduate, with some agency experience and a strong passion for design, creativity and digital marketing
- Highly motivated with a positive and optimistic attitude
- Great communication skills and dynamic approach to working with different teams
- Background in Graphic Design
- An appreciation of user-experience techniques and best practice
- Experience in both print and digital delivery and design
- Reliable and confident, with a perfectionist streak
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Comfortable laying out long-form written content (e.g Whitepapers)
- Basic proofreading skills and understanding of engaging copy
- Ability to visualise complicated / abstract concepts in compelling and engaging ways
- Familiar with Wordpress
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Mailchimp email experience
- Infographics – ability to illustrate information visually
- Animation experience
- Video editing experience