Are you a motivated and experienced Account Executive looking to join a dynamic and growing accounts team that works with national and global B2B brands?
Or perhaps you come from a marketing background and would like to bring your positive attitude, bucketloads of enthusiasm and exceptional organisational skills to an agency environment? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
Full Job Description
Account Executive, Panasonic.
Permanent and full time.
Who we are…
Based in the heart of vibrant Bristol, Proctor + Stevenson is a highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
Just a handful of the names we work with on a regular basis include, Panasonic, Prysmian, Rathbones, Saudi Arabian Airlines, BMW/Mini Financial Services, Daikin, South West Water and Regus.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 50+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
We’re a thriving, fast-growing company. So fast, in fact, that we outgrew our home and had to design and build a new one in leafy Easton – one of Bristol’s most creative quarters.
Our new space is truly a beautiful place to work, with exposed brickwork, plenty of light, a café and kitchen, parking spaces, a place for your bike, showers, solar panels, snugs and meeting rooms aplenty. What’s more, we’re a short walk from the artisan eateries of St Mark’s road, a short stroll from two train stations and a stone’s throw from plenty of bus stops
What you’ll be doing…
Working with global B2B technology brand Panasonic, you’ll be supporting the Senior Account Manager and Account Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of national and global projects, on time, in budget, and over and above client expectations.
It’ll be fast-paced with super-tight deadlines, but you’ll be working with a fantastic team, and your role will be hugely varied.
Below are just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Truly understanding your clients’ objectives and markets, and working with them to deliver creative but commercial solutions.
- Building and managing strong, friendly and professional client relationships.
- Creating detailed and accurate contact reports, estimates, timing plans, purchase orders and other client documentation, as and when required.
- Providing analytical and insightful recommendations to the client and the Proctors teams.
- Briefing and coordinating the creative studio, our digital teams, suppliers and other external parties to ensure successful delivery of campaigns, on time and on budget.
- Attending regular product, planning and strategy meetings.
- Effectively communicating daily campaign performance.
- Following quality assurance and operational processes.
What you’ll be needing...
If it’s all sounding rather marvellous so far, read on for the key skills we’re looking for. You’ll likely be a can-doer who can roll up their sleeves to get stuck in. And just as importantly, you’ll be a good egg. Once we’ve had our morning coffee we’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.
- Demonstrable previous experience in an agency.
- Excellent written skills, and an all-round ability to communicate confidently with clients, marketers and decision makers at all levels, across all channels.
- Brilliant personal time management and prioritisation skills in order to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- Commercially creative judgement.
- A hands-on and positive approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using your initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions.
- Respect for client and company confidentiality.
- An understanding of creative processes – whatever the media and channel.
- Ability to analyse data and interpret facts and figures presented in the form of statistical tables and diagrams.
- A comprehension of how the agency business works – from generating income and maximising profits to controlling costs.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to use both PC and Mac OS-X operating systems.
- A real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- Practical and level-headed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to react quickly when needed.
- A critical thinker with an eagle eye when it comes to detail and error spotting –regular proof checking is required.
- Marketing savvy. Both on and offline.
- Hungry to progress and develop.
- Punctual and professional.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- A good people manager – you will be liaising daily with our creative studio in the delivery of your projects.
- Hardworking and flexible with a willingness to work outside ‘normal’ hours when required. (This isn’t a regular thing, never fear, but it can happen every so often.)
Bonus points for (but not a necessity)…
- Some experience of social media
- Some experience of working with B2B and/or technology projects
- A basic understanding of web content management systems
What you’ll be getting…
- A competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and a shower at the office!).
- The opportunity for reduced parking rates.
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Frequent social events.
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do, but have fun while they do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to:
- List your name, followed by the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- First interviews will be with our Senior Account Manager, Account Manager and HR Manager.
- Second interview will be with our Client Services Director and Managing Director.
- This may be followed by a third-stage interview.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all, and we will always seek to consider flexible working options if appropriate